Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Soup

2 cans cream of potato soup
1 1b. ground beef, cooked and drained
1 env. taco seasoning mix
2 c. sliced thin carrots
2 c. sliced thin celery
2 (30 oz.) cans kidney beans
1 (32 oz.) can diced stewed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 (10 oz.) bag frozen corn
Sour cream (for garnish)
Shredded cheese (for garnish)

Put all the ingredients together in crock pot except the corn. Cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours, until vegetables are tender. Add corn the last 1 1/2 hours. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.

*This soup is very filling! It makes a lot which I like. I freeze half and I get two dinners out of it. But if you want to do cut it in half you definitely could. Sometimes I add more vegetables because that is my favorite part. The nice thing about this soup is you can make it the way your family will like best! And I LOVE to serve cornbread or biscuits with this meal!*

No comments: