Friday, October 30, 2009

Chicken Piccata

Chicken breasts
3 T. Butter
1/4 c. flour
1 T. Lemon Pepper
1/3 to 1/2 c. white cooking wine
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 c. chicken broth (making it with bouillon is fine)
1 T. lemon juice (adjust this if you want it more or less lemony)
Capers - to taste- I actually add a little of the juice also
1/2 c. heavy cream

I take my chicken breasts and cut them in half to make them thin. You could also just pound them to make them thin. Lightly salt both sides. (For my family of 3 I can get away with just using 2 chicken breasts so I get 4 pieces of chicken out of it but you can always add more chicken breasts for the size of your family.)
On a plate place about 1/4 c. white flour and a tablespoon or so of Lemon Pepper seasoning, mix. Melt @ 3 T. butter in your biggest fry pan on the stove at about medium heat
Dredge the chicken through the flour spice mixture to coat and place in the melted butter in the fry pan. Try not to move it around in the pan. (Depending on the size of your pan you can do it one at a time or all at once. I do 2 at a time so they don't take as long to cook.)
Cook turning once to completely cook chicken. I can't really give you a time frame, as it depends on how thick the chicken is.
Turn on your oven to around 200 degrees with a platter inside or I just used a pizza pan.
Remove chicken once completely cooked and place on warm plate in oven.
In the frying pan you just used and is still hot add about 1/3 to 1/2 white cooking wine and "deglaze" the pan.
Once almost all the wine has cooked off, add the garlic and let it cook for a couple minutes.
Then add chicken broth, lemon juice, heavy cream and capers. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook until it reduces just a bit!
Pour over the chicken on the platter and serve. I just put it in a bowl and let people add what they want to their plate. We serve it with noodles like fettuchini or I like to use linguini for this recipe.

I know the instructions seem like a lot but it really is simple and it is super yummy! We love this dish!

No comments: