Monday, October 19, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

1/2 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Flour
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
2/3 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Chopped onion (i use minced onion)
1 (5 oz) bag frozen peas
2-3 Potatoes, chopped and mostly cooked (boil)
2-3 Carrots, chopped and mostly cooked (boil)
1 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
2 Cups chopped Chicken (i use 2 chicken breasts) (boil and Chop)

Boil Chicken, carrots, and potatoes. When they are almost done in seperate pan Heat butter until melted. Add flour, oinion, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling stirring constantly for one min. Stir in Chicken and veggies. (keep peas or corn frozen until added)
I use pillbury pie crust. (They come in a two pack) Put on in the bottom of a Pie dish. Pour mixture into crust. Then place other crust on top and pinch edges down and cut slits on top. Bake at 425 for 30-35min.

Notes:
I used a bag of mixed vegetables and just skipped the carrot and peas part cause I wanted more veggies in mine than just carrots and peas. Just keep them frozen like you would the peas until you add them to the sauce.
I also boiled my chicken before and than did my potatoes later so I didn't do them all at once.

No comments: